Sunday 19 December 2010

Happy soup, with Goat Floats

Okay so...I may not have mentioned it, but I am slightly obsessed with all things goaty. Discovering this week that we had a FANTASTIC cheese shop very close by (we've not lived here that long, give us chance!)...well. I know I'm on WW but come on, it's Christmas. Nearly. Ish. And I had good reason; Chris asked me this year for "stuff to put in his mouth", since we're keeping things low budget because of the wedding, so I'm making him a teeny little hamper, and cheese is one of his most favourite things, so of course, that was where I ended up.

Anyway, having made the order to pick things up next week, I was all set to leave when I spotted...drumroll please...some Ragstone, and some Golden Cross goats' cheese. The Golden Cross SOMEHOW found its way into my bag and I've fallen in love all over again with the deliciousness of All Things Goat. So, without further ado...here it is.

You need:

About 40g of goats' butter (this is quite important).
1 big leek, chopped fine
1 medium onion, chopped fine
2-3 cloves garlic, minced/crushed
1 big Bramley apple, chopped up (peel it too)
1 good thumb of grated ginger
1 tsp Lebanese 7-spice
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
5 parsnips (that was how many I had) peeled and chopped
1 celeriac, peeled and chopped
and then stock to cover; I used a bit of Marigold.

Just sweat off the onion, leek, apple, garlic and ginger in the butter til it's soft and gorgeous. Add the parsnip and celeriac and spices, turn in the butter for a moment, and then add the stock, cover and leave to simmer. Blend it til smooth and add a generous tablespoon or two of Total 0% yogurt to loosen it to the desired consistency.

Add some finely sliced Goat Floats (slices of beautiful goats' cheese) to taste and ENJOY!!

Oh and if I don't say it before...happy Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment