Wednesday 20 June 2012

Ms Leno's Delicious Black Beans

WELL. As you know I already have a recipe for black beans but I've finally honed my recipe to one that I use regularly, and this is it:
 1 bag dried black beans (500g)
1 large onion
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 red pepper
1 big mild chili (optional)
5 or 6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 litre chicken stock made with two cubes

 This is a bit of a long process but actually very easy. You need to soak the beans first in lots of cold water and if I am going to make this for Saturday morning for example I'd put the beans to soak at bedtime on Thursday. At bedtime on FRIDAY I'd drain them and stick them in the slow cooker with all the other ingredients, flip the switch to twelve hours and go to bed.

 I eat these through the week for breakfast with rice, cottage cheese, eggs, veggies, wraps, whatever I've got knocking about. I am not very fond of traditional English breakfast food (ie sugary cereal or too much toast, as it messes my blood sugars up too much).

No comments:

Post a Comment