Wednesday 4 July 2012

My mom's hot and sour soup

1 corn on the cob
veg oil
1 red chilli
1 shallot
2 stalks lemongrass
3 baby leeks or slicing spring onions
1 red pepper    
400ml coconut milk (I used light)
11/2 pints veg stock
175g fine egg noodles
juice of 1 lime
bunch coriander

(this is supposed to serve 4)

Fry corn, spring onions, pepper, shallot, chilli, (all chopped) and lemongrass (bruised) in oil for 3-4 minutes

add coconut milk and veg stock, season and bring to boil and simmer 15 minutes.
cook noodles and add to pan.

Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and coriander. Serve straight away.

Easy peasy and we had this with some chicken and I added extra noodles to make a main meal.


I'm trying the fennel and bulgar wheat tonight so I'll let you know how it turns out. Dad's having a jacket potato - he's tried one new recipe this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment